This is quick step-by-step tutorial how to install Intel i217-v NIC found on Asrock Z87M Pro4 motherboard on Windows Server 2012 R2. Nic is passed through to OS by ESXi, so I believe it will work on physical instance of Win 2012 as well:
- Download drivers from here (virus total analysis).
- Unpack files.
- Open elevated command prompt or PowerShell and enter these commands:
bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
- Restart OS to make these bcdedit commands effective.
- Open Device Manager and update driver for ethernet controller with pointing folder with unpacked drivers.
- Again open elevated command prompt and enter these commands to roll back changes made before:
bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF
- Again restart the OS.
Drivers are customized by me according to article found here so all credits go to Joe and others mentioned in article. If you found it useful on different mobo, please let me know about that and leave a reply at the bottom of the page, I will appreciate it.